Saturday, October 31, 2009

What I learned when I was... 10?

Well, I was watching Beck on Friday, and he was talking about "global warming" and the treaty that President Obama will probably sign. I don't want to talk about the treaty, because the thought of it will probably make my head burst into flames. I want to talk tonight about CO2.

Now, these "scientists" that are talking about how CO2 is a "green-house gas" and destroying our atmosphere, apparently missed out on the fourth grade. CO2 is carbon dioxide. One thing that drives me nuts when people are talking about the whole "global warming" thing is that they don't mention that we all exhale carbon dioxide. They also seem to neglect to mention that carbon dioxide is critical in photosynthesis. I'll even put in a pretty little diagram so there's no confusion:

Do you see one of the things released? If you said oxygen, you're correct! Do you know what needs oxygen to survive? You're right, we do!

Okay, lets put this together.... We inhale oxygen, exhale CO2, plants/trees take in CO2 and release oxygen. What an insane idea I just had. If CO2 is such a problem, which it isn't, but let's just say it is, here's my plan: plant more trees/plants. Doesn't that make sense to you? Wouldn't that balance out the problem? I mean, I know I don't have a PhD, but come on...




(photo from http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0775714.html )

No comments:

Post a Comment