Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's been quite some time.

It's been several months since I've taken the time to sit down and write here. There's just been so much going on, I almost don't know where to begin. Every time I've tried to update, I can't decide on what to talk about because there's so much going on that you never thought would happen in this wonderful country, and it just blows my mind. Politicians talking down to those that don't agree with them like they're stupid, or being so arrogant in thinking that they can do whatever they want, because they know better than us uneducated people. Or how about the latest about a mosque being built so close to Ground Zero by a rather shady Imam. One whose wife recently has stated that the people who oppose it are basically anti-Semitic (which I'm pretty sure is hatred toward Jews, not Muslims... but maybe she was just comparing it?) The Imam himself has, in the past, supported groups like Hammas, and said virtually that al-Qaeda is no worse than America: "We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on it's hands than al-Qaeda has on it's hands of innocent non-Muslims."

I can't seem to understand why we're letting our country go in the direction we're going. I can't understand why people can't see what's happening and say, "Wait a minute!!! I don't recall this being the purpose of America!!!" Those that have fought hard for our liberties in the past would literally slap us across the face for what we've let ourselves become. Our founders came to this country to get away from a government that was too big, and too intrusive, but take a look around now!!!! Try to think of an aspect of your life that the government isn't trying to get, or doesn't have already, a grip on. Name one! You can't decide anything for yourself anymore.

Something else that has bothered me a lot lately is what the wonderful Nancy Pelosi said recently. Every time I see it, it makes me want to vomit. So I apologize that I'm about to post the video.



First of all, I really can't stand that woman. You can't believe a word she says.

Anyway, there are so many parts of her little speech that is so ridiculous. First, she rambles like crazy. Second, she can't say Jesus once. She goes through great lengths to not say Jesus, God, or anything but "Word." Oh, and guess what Rep. Pelosi, the Word you're referring to isn't a word, it's God. The verse you reference is John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us...." (NIV) However, the Word talked about in this verse goes back to verse 1 of this same chapter. Which says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." When you say "The Word became flesh," guess who that's a reference to? Oh yeah, Jesus.

And while we're at it, the Word doesn't cover everything. It's not all-encompassing like you think it is. The bible says there are two paths. One is wide and leads to destruction. The other is narrow, and few find it. (The verse for that is Matthew 7:13-14.) Jesus (or the Word, if that helps) is very clear that He is the ONLY Way, Truth, and Life, and that no one comes to the Father except through Him. (John 14:6)

I'm sick of these progressives trying to take my Lord and Savior and make Him into someone He's not.

We need to stand up, there are people intentionally trying to destroy our faith and our country, and as of right now, it looks as if they're succeeding pretty well.

Let me just ask you this: if their path is the one you want to take, where does it lead?

No comments:

Post a Comment